Thursday, March 10, 2011

Telling The Story: moving along!



Here are the next pages, ready to send to Masha.

Perhaps not quite what I'd envisaged, but these are the images I've used.

Greek Dancers on Paros. They were dancing to a beautiful, unaccompanied song.

Our dear friend Graham who is playing the wooden flute that he made.

Lisa dancing the 'Broom Dance', a traditional folk dance requiring energy and rythm!

Eliza in 1997. She is now an internationally known folk performer.

The Bone Dancer at Sidmouth Festival. He reminds us to be kind to our fellow travellers as we are all bones in the end!

Masha, Marcia, Katie, I look forward to whatever occurs,
Rosie x

3 comments:

  1. Rosie,
    I like how you have used color to unify the pages. I especially like how the brown begins as “ground” in the firs drawing and sweeps into the next two pages, weaving behind and under the figures. As the brown approaches the fourth page it begins to darken to black, is “interrupted by a bright yellow flower and BAM we are presented with the simultaneously dark and lighthearted image of the bone dancer.
    Your drawings are so dynamic I can almost hear the music. Rosie, you have really told a story with your drawings!
    It will be a while before your book gets to me, but I can’t wait to see it in person.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! So lyrical! Oh, Rosie, you’ve brought the music, the dance, the visual together into the telling of a mythic story. Katie, I like your description of the piece, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very interesting and bright collection of music scenes! I love you draw musical moments, that theme is so vivid and full of emotions. I especially like the second drawing with a fluite.

    ReplyDelete