Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Discovering an unintended collection


I found it in my basement.  Screws, bolts, nuts, O-rings, a chair leg protector that make a collection of found, perhaps someday useful, stuff my husband has dropped on the top of the workbench in the furnace room. I drew this sketch in my carry-with-me-everywhere pocket Moleskine as a way to familiarize myself with the forms, to take a "reading" on what they mean to me.  These objects are about and in appreciation of my husband and deceased father, both fix-it people, people always on the lookout for things that might come in handy for a future project. Besides this sketch, I've started to rough in my 1st 4 page spread.  More, as it unfolds.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia,
    What an excellent collection and drawing; and very familiar! How do people ever manage without these in their home?
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to find! My former industrial designer soul is singing, when I see such a collection :) My Grandfather left me a lot of those screws too...

    ReplyDelete